Thursday, July 9, 2015

Advice from President Calhoun

Greetings, Fellow Americans: Live from the Office of the UNK Student Body President/Student Regent is Evan Calhoun-- Here to give you some valuable insight and advice in getting the most out of your college experience! 


Calhoun's Advice: My advice for new students would be to meet new people and to get involved! College is a great growing and learning experience for everyone and it will go by fast! So, go out there, and meet new friends, join an organization, and most importantly have fun! College is what you make it, so you might as well make it fun!

Student Government: For freshman, I would highly recommend getting involved with Student Government because of all the different networking one gains from being a member! If you are looking to get involved but don’t quite yet want to tackle a HUGE responsibility then I would recommend running for Freshman Senator! This is an awesome opportunity for incoming freshman who are passionate about Student Government. If elected, one gets the opportunity to sit in all of the meetings and truly learn the formality of Student Government-- And have a fun time doing it!

...................................

Name: Evan Calhoun

From: North Platte, Nebraska

Major: Business Administration emphasis in Marketing 

Career Goals: "Own my own company!"

Campus Involvements: 
  • UNK Student Body President/Student Regent
  • Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity member
  • Avid intramural participant 
Where I can be found on campus: One can find me at the Cushing Coliseum utilizing the awesome workout facility, rock wall, or playing intramurals. I can also be found at the Nebraskan Student Union in my office behind the Welcome Desk, ANY Loper Athletic event cheering on the Lopers, the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity house, or West Center where all my classes are!

Fun Fact: I have had grey hair since Freshman year of High School! 

No comments:

Post a Comment